he MDRRMO is mandated under Republic Act 10121, the Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act of 2010 with the following mandates:
- Design, program, and coordinate disaster risk reduction and management activities consistent with the National Council’s standards and guidelines;
- Organize and conduct training, orientation, IEC, and knowledge management activities on disaster risk reduction and management at the Barangay level;
- Formulate and implement the Tarragona comprehensive and integrated MDRRM Plan in accordance with the national, regional and provincial framework, and policies on disaster risk reduction in close coordination with the local development councils (LDCs);
- Identify, assess and manage the hazards vulnerabilities and risks that may occur in the 10 barangays of Tarragona, Davao Orientale;
- Implement policies, approved plans and programs of the LDRRMC consistent with the policies and guidelines laid down in RA10121, among others.